Pre-Travel Awakeness

This time tommorow I will be on a plane to Seattle before hopping over to Chicago and then Madrid. Most people would be excited by this prospect but I am just wired like a nuclear power plant with angst. This is typical of my pre-flight freak out when I realize that very little in life is in my control. I am wide awake unable to contain the list of things I still need to do and worry about some more before I can leave. This is a ritual period when laundry gets done, the house gets cleaned, the cat goes to the vet, grocery shopping gets done, suitcases get packed, ect. Although this morning I feel the need to try to sleep and do all that tommorow.
Traveling is very much like walking down a dark alley. Most of the time your safe but there's always that one time when something unexpected jumps out at you. For Brian and Susan - who were suppose to leave on same flight to Seattle with us, that has already occured. They are going to try to meet up with us in Barcelona. For me, that will be Spike's health over next two weeks while I'm away.
Tommorow will be a very long and ardent day. Leave 4:00 am from my house and land in Madrid at 7:40 am the next day. Bleh! 16 hours in airports. Even sitting in first class the likelyhood that I will be able to sleep is slim. Then there's the hassel of luggage and getting checked into our hotel. I'm exhausted at the thought and praying it all goes well.
Before then it's off to the store, Laurels, and the vets office. I also need to call my mobile carrier so I have service in Espaina. I need sleep soon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home